|Recipe makes 8 servings|
You will need -
* 1/2 cup carob or cocoa powder
* 5 Tablespoons Arrowroot Starch Flour
* 5 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour
* 2 cups Coconut Milk (canned)
* 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other nut milk)
* 1 cup agave, pure maple syrup, or honey (or replace with stevia*)
* 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
* 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
*Please note, if replacing liquid sweetener with Stevia powder, you will need to add additional milk (3/4 cup milk for 1 cup of liquid sweetener replaced) to avoid making pudding too thick.
|1) Stir together the cocoa or carob powder with the starches in saucepan.|
|2) Add 1 cup of the coconut milk and stir until it forms a smooth paste.|
|3) Stir in the rest of the milk(s) and sweetener(s).|
4) Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
5) Remove heat and stir in the extracts.
|6) For an added touch, toast unsweetened coconut and almond slivers under broiler.|
|7) Divide into 8 serving dishes and garnish with toasted almonds and coconut. Serve warm or chilled. Delicious!|