|You will need ~|
* 1/3 cup of baking soda
* 1/2 cup of arrowroot starch flour
* 5 Tablespoons virgin coconut oil
* 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oils (I use lemon grass and sweet orange)
* Empty lidded container or jar to store your deodorant in
|1) Blend together baking soda and arrowroot starch.|
|2) Add melted or softened coconut oil to powdered mixture.|
3) Add 10 to 20 drops of essential oil.
|4) Stir mixture together until very well blended.|
|5) Put mixture in empty container(s). Recipe makes enough for 2 deodorant applicators.|
6) Let sit undisturbed until mixture is semi-firm.
7) Apply after shower or when needed.
8) Use caution when applying to freshly shaved skin. May cause irritation. One suggestion I read on crunchybetty.com is to apply a mixture of vinegar and water prior to applying deodorant in order to balance the pH. Reportedly, a small number of people experience irritation from the baking soda in the mixture and the vinegar balances it out.
~ It's that easy! ~