I've been down with the flu for over a week now and was beginning to get a little stir crazy. I decided a little altering might make me feel better so this is what I did with my Saturday afternoon.
|1) I took an old pair of jeans and replaced the pockets with|
some from another old pair. I never liked the way the pockets
on this pair looked...too small.
|2) I then made slits from the ankle to the knee on both sides|
of the pant leg. For my leg this was about 15 inches.
|3) From another old pair of jeans I took rectangular pieces |
15 inches in height with a base of approximately 6 inches.
I pinned right sides together and stitched in place.
|4) After stitching triangles into place, I turned right side out|
and pressed with my iron. Impressive flare!
|My husband said I need to iron these a |
little better to get the right look but I'd say
my first stab at bell bottoms was a success!