This is an easy and creative way to use up leftover ham or really any meat.
1) Mix 2 cups all purpose flour with 4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt (I whisk together)
2) Cut 4 Tbsp shortening into flour mixture until crumby looking. Gently and quickly mix 1 cup milk into mixture. Handle as little as possible to get a more tender crust.
3) Roll dough out into a rectangle, approximately 10 inches by 14 inches.
|Pinwheel prior to rolling|
5) Roll up as if making cinnamon rolls.
6) Slice into 1/2 inch slices and place on a greased baking sheet.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 mins. Cheese should be melted and crust will be golden brown.